Here is something I don’t often do, but since I’ve been doing some planting and cleaning and lots of reading of my fellow bloggers, I thought I’d give you something that resembles my brain right now; a hodge podge post. Here we go!
- My plants are looking really cool, but since I have weeding to do, and anyway I didn’t finish planting the containers in the courtyard until after dark, I shall have to wait another time before I can send you a picture.
- So instead here is a garden of poetry as presented on the Susan Boynton Poetry Contest Blog. It’s giving me some ideas, and I thought you might even apply something like this in your own garden, or better, as we are trying to spread the love of verse, in a town garden near you!
- The Poet’s Billow is doing an informative and interesting series on reading poetry. I have read some others like this on WordPress recently, but I cannot recall where. Ugh. What have you been reading that has helped you to enjoy poetry more, or see it in a new way. Please share in the comments.
- Chocolate is a Verb just tickles me no end with the great little snippets of found poetry, something that is new and intriguing to me. Have you tried playing with something like this?
- Oh! And yeah, that happy numbers thing. I hadn’t done much of anything with this blog for some time, but then in April I started my poem video a day thing (go back using the calendar on the right and check it out), and soon this took off. Somewhere on Monday overnight I had my 20 thousandth viewer on the Dad Poet. Whoever you were, thank you. WordPress says we should celebrate these milestones, but I also know it’s all relative. I’m just happy that people are following and reading. The blog went from Six followers on April 1st to 170 as of today, and keeps growing. Thank you for being a part of it!