Here is something I don’t often do, but since I’ve been doing some planting and cleaning and lots of reading of my fellow bloggers, I thought I’d give you something that resembles my brain right now; a hodge podge post. Here we go!
- My plants are looking really cool, but since I have weeding to do, and anyway I didn’t finish planting the containers in the courtyard until after dark, I shall have to wait another time before I can send you a picture.
- So instead here is a garden of poetry as presented on the Susan Boynton Poetry Contest Blog. It’s giving me some ideas, and I thought you might even apply something like this in your own garden, or better, as we are trying to spread the love of verse, in a town garden near you!
- The Poet’s Billow is doing an informative and interesting series on reading poetry. I have read some others like this on WordPress recently, but I cannot recall where. Ugh. What have you been reading that has helped you to enjoy poetry more, or see it in a new way. Please share in the comments.
- Chocolate is a Verb just tickles me no end with the great little snippets of found poetry, something that is new and intriguing to me. Have you tried playing with something like this?
- Oh! And yeah, that happy numbers thing. I hadn’t done much of anything with this blog for some time, but then in April I started my poem video a day thing (go back using the calendar on the right and check it out), and soon this took off. Somewhere on Monday overnight I had my 20 thousandth viewer on the Dad Poet. Whoever you were, thank you. WordPress says we should celebrate these milestones, but I also know it’s all relative. I’m just happy that people are following and reading. The blog went from Six followers on April 1st to 170 as of today, and keeps growing. Thank you for being a part of it!
Okay, work in the morning, so back to your regularly scheduled blogging. Nothing else to see here. Move along. Move along. Hey! You, over there looking at the sidebar. . . Well, yeah, that’s cool; go ahead and scroll back. I think I wrote something interesting recently. Thanks for coming by!
- Poetics: Tools of the Trade (Verbs-All!) (dversepoets.com)
- Found Poetry (suebe.wordpress.com)
- Editor’s POV: How to Submit your Work (poetic-muselings.net)
12 Comments Add yours
Many congrats on the viewers and followers. k.
Thank you so much!
Thank you so much for the link-back to chocolate is a verb AND to the Sue Boynton Poetry Contest page! Glad to have you following. jik
My pleasure. 🙂
i thought u’d enjoy this
by William Blake
Ah! sunflower, weary of time,
Who countest the steps of the sun,
Seeking after that sweet golden clime
Where the traveller’s journey is done;
Where the youth pined away with desire,
And the pale virgin shrouded in snow,
Arise from their graves and aspire;
Where my sunflower wishes to go.
Lots more meaning in there than what is first seen on the surface. Nice.
Pretty, pretty flowers. 🙂 Ours are also deliciously in bloom.
It’s turning into a lovely little courtyard. Now. . . the weeds. . .
Thanks for letting me camp out in your blog for a little while today. I had a great time and tried to leave my campsite as good as when I arrived. I’ll be back!
I think it’s cleaner than when I left! 🙂 Thank you so much for all the love! 🙂