I’ve told you about the little gathering of local poets and poetry enthusiasts that have been meeting on first Thursdays since May. We call it Poetry Under the Paintings, and it’s held at Faustina’s Gallery in Lewisburg. The first one you can read about here, and the June edition, here.
The July gathering was every bit as wonderful, despite the heat. I will try to bring you a few clips from some of the readings, but I didn’t have enough space on the camera to catch everything, and some spots were a bit quiet, while others had background noise, like my son‘s chair sliding, and crashing his bum to the floor. 🙂 Don’t worry, he’s just fine. Not even a bruised ego. If you are within driving distance of this lovely little town, please join us in August. Bring a chair and at least one poem to share. It doesn’t have to be one of your own, if you are a lover rather than a writer.
And so here is my dear friend and colleague in poetry, Ann Keeler Evans. Oh the things this lady and I are planning for the central Pennsylvania poetry scene. Just you wait. Watch this space! Oh, and I do have the date wrong in the credits of the video, for those of you who are calendar checkers. But hey, I’m a poet; surely you are not looking to me for historical accuracy.
- “Overvision” at Poetry Under the Paintings (dadpoet.wordpress.com)
- Upcoming Readings and Cedar Waxwings (dadpoet.wordpress.com)
- Poetry Under the Paintings in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania (dadpoet.wordpress.com)
- Poetry Out Loud: Something to Shout About (dadpoet.wordpress.com)
- Young poets get a boost from art and tattoo show (hamptonroads.com)