Sadly this is the last of the Midtown recordings, unless I can manage to download the podcast and use clips from it. Don’t know what I would do visually though, and I probably need the permission of either the Midtown Scholar or the Almost Uptown Poetry Cartel. I’ll give it some thought.
The problem is that the Kodak camera we used is apparently notorious for a beautiful picture but tons of static, especially during vibrations caused by car rides, and it seems, amplification equipment. Halfway through the reading, in the middle of Margie’s poem about Reptiles, a sweet older gentleman in a fedora reached for his coffee and accidentally knocked over the camera. He was so apologetic and adorable, and so I cannot be upset with him.
But it made the problem really stand out, and there was no salvaging the rest of the video from that point on. That means my portion and Melanie Simms’ reading were completely in audible. If you enjoyed these the entire podcast for the reading can be found right here.
- Midtown with Jack and Jerry (dadpoet.wordpress.com)
- Poetry at the Pennsylvania Capitol (dadpoet.wordpress.com)
- David Reads at the Pennsylvania State Capitol (dadpoet.wordpress.com)
- Capitol Poets’ Conclusion, Featuring Marjorie Maddox and Jerry Wemple (dadpoet.wordpress.com)
- Capitol Readings, the Midtown Scholar and Catching Up (dadpoet.wordpress.com)
5 Comments Add yours
Good for yee all to do it…anyway !
🙂 It was a fun experience. Now back to the writing and submitting. 🙂 And Ann Keeler Evans and I have some big plans up our sleeves for the not so distant future.
Thanks for sharing this series of videos…they were enjoyable.
I’m really glad you enjoyed them. Thank you so much for following along!