And no, there is no punch line here. I just wanted to send out a very happy birthday to my youngest boy, The Monkey Prodigy. Today he turns 17.
I am really not sure how that happened. I think he was no older than nine just yesterday. And now he’s getting into jazz he says. Very cool. Time to get him out to the Bull Run Inn on a Monday night to hear Steve Mitchell, Challie Holmes and the rest of the musicians jam.
Among the poets who were pushing themselves to write poems in April, Micah has done a little writing of his own. For Poetry Month and Earth Day combined, he wrote this little piece on . . . well, earth . . . and worms. I like it very much, and I’m a bit envious of his cleverness.
My friend John over at Poetically Versed mentioned the poem this week, and made a comparison to it and the style of Angel Gonzalez, as evidenced in this poem. The similarity in voice and dark humor put a smile on my face. It’s always a thrill to hear someone talk about the awesomeness of my sons. And they are three awesome guys.
Oh my . . . it just hit me, one of Micah’s brothers, The Man with the Blue Guitar will hit a second decade this summer. Catch me, I think I’m gonna fai . . . (THUD)
- Earth Day Poem (monkeyprodigy.wordpress.com)
- A Murder (dadpoet.wordpress.com)
- NaPoWriMo, Day 14: “That Day” (dadpoet.wordpress.com)
- 5 Ways To Drive Traffic To My Blog (dadpoet.wordpress.com)
- 30 “Of My Ego and the Muse” (dadpoet.wordpress.com)
- “What You Like” VS “What You’re Like” (dadpoet.wordpress.com)